Thursday, September 15, 2011

Freezing This Morning

Woke up this morning with a little sniffle and realized that the temperature, overnight, had gone from 70 degrees to 48 degrees. Brrr. Way too cold for my liking. I usually enjoy a steady 69 degrees year round so I rushed to put on a sweater and returned to bed.

I'm assuming that Mother Nature has decided that fall is here and man is it back with a vengeance. I know this is the 'windy city' and the climate here is nothing short of unpredictable, but at least some warning would be nice. Like a little card in the mail every day counting down to the horrible start of the ferocious, and long, winter. A winter I have come to love (yeah right) in my short time living in this city.

I'm not looking forward to this winter. Not at all. I spent my first couple of months living in this beautiful city during the worst part of its winter, January. I did not enjoy having to wear layers of clothing and staying indoors every single minute of every single day. The lack of sunshine made me 10xs more depressed and I had to constantly clean my nice pair of suede boots I got as a present from a girl my sister met in Paris (Bought in Milan no doubt).

But the thing that bothers me the most is that I won't have that extra layer of 'baby' keeping me warm this year. I was pregnant all throughout the last harsh winter and I don't know how I will manage this year without the 15 lbs of baby blocking the freezing wind and snow. I'm now just a pile of bones with no padding and I'm going to freeze to death. FREEZE TO DEATH.

So, if you see a woman laying in an alley shivering and clutching her stomach screaming, "Why me God?" Don't do anything, just walk away. It's probably a crazy hobo, not me. If you want to know where I'll be .. Just look up at any nearest building and picture me inside. Because like my daughter 7 months ago, I will be gestating inside the warmth of my apartment this winter. And what a joyous winter it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment